Did you know that your Internet Explorer is out of date?To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or download another web browser.
A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. Just click on the icons to get to the download page.
Your browser will need to close to complete the installation and you will need to manually reload the site when finished
Other similar job titles you may be intertested in include:
There are no Open Vacancies that Match your Search
Please view a sample career profile in the box below
or click here to browse all open vacancies
LIMS Analyst Career Profile
LIMS AnalystLIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) is an electronic way of recording everything that happens in a lab. These solutions are often delivered by a consultancy company (to smaller companies) or by an in-house team (larger companies). Roles therefore vary between consultative roles with lots of Client relationship management to in-house positions which are very project focussed. These positions suit someone with a Scientific degree combined with a postgrad in IT being desirable. Other career avenues include moving into a LIMS project role from a Quality Control position, and becoming an expert in this niche area.
- Science or engineering degree.
- A proven background in the application of quality standards to software implementation.
- Experience of Requirements Analysis, Design, Project Management and Software Configuration.
Experience of LIMS or regulatory compliance in the pharma, clinical or healthcare industries.
Some further key skills/areas of experience desirable are:
- A broad knowledge of QA/QC laboratory procedures in R&D and Manufacturing environments.
- An aptitude for data-driven software product configuration.
- Good understanding of relational database theory & design (Oracle, SQL)
- A high standard of technical and procedural documentation.
- Systems analysis and design.
Structured procedural and Object Oriented Programming.